Each year about 100 Delegates from around the world meet to pray and plan for the advancement of God’s mission among the International Churches of Christ. Here is a report of the 2009 meeting considered to be the best one so far.
DELEGATES MEETING REPORT
International Churches of Christ
International Leadership Conference
September 1‐2, 2009
1. DELEGATES ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – (see this article – Click here)
2. FUTURE INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP CONFERENCES
2010 International Leadership Conference in Miami
2011 NO International Leadership Conference. All Delegates to a specific Non‐American Regional Conference
2012 Jubilee International Conference Location to be determined Includes ICMC, ICYFM, Singles, ILC, no regional US conferences
2013 NO International Leadership Conference. All Delegates attend a specific American Regional Conference
2014 International Leadership Conference Non‐American Location
- ILC’s would be held during the even‐numbered years which include delegate meetings
- Additional delegates meetings would be during the odd‐numbered years either inside or outside U.S.
- Jubilee would be the only conference that year. Including ILC, ICMC, YFMC, SINGLES, REGIONAL (within U.S.)
- Maybe every 4‐6 years, we have a Jubilee
- Maybe every 4‐6 years, we have an ILC outside the USA
- A church leader attends the ILC on the even years
- Each delegate attends a conference every year
3. EVANGELISTS SERVICE TEAM
a. Church Builders and Missions Service Teams were replaced with an Evangelists Service Team selected by the Regional Delegates.
b. Evangelists Service Team members:
‐‐ Chris Ogbonnaya (Africa West), Steve Mukenya (Africa East)
ASIA / PACIFIC
‐‐ Dinesh George (India), Steve Chin (China), John Louis (Southeast Asia)
EURASIA / EUROPE / MIDDLE EAST
‐‐ Andy Fleming (UK & ME), Shawn Wooten (Eurasia), Donskoy Alexey (Russia)
MEXICO & CENTRAL AMERICA
‐‐ Pedro Garcia‐Bengochea (MCA), Javier Amaya (MCA)
‐‐ John Reus (South America)
‐‐ Bruce Williams, chairman (Southwest), John Causey (Southwest), Mike Taliaferro
(Texas), Mike Fontenot (ACR), Doug Arthur (New England), Scott Green (Northwest),
John Porter (Florida)
4. PRINCIPLE: Evangelists, Elders and Teachers Teams will cooperate to finalize the ILC and Delegates programs and address issues of doctrine, conflict resolution, etc.
5. OFFICIAL ICOC MEDIA – More Than a Website
a. Disciples Today was overwhelmingly voted as the official ICOC Media to coordinate communication among us.
b. Delegates committed to ask all churches to support Disciples Today:
- 1st world churches: $6 per member per year
- 3rd world churches over 500 members: $2 per member per year
- Please send 2010 commitments to Disciples Today by December 1, 2009
6. ASSOCIATION FEE: Delegates are to discuss with their regions an annual association fee to meet minimal financial needs of cooperation: Delegates meetings, communication, etc.
Vote to be held at the 2010 Delegates Meeting.
7. SERVICE TEAM REPORTS – all are available on Disciples Today and www.icocco‐op.org
a. Developing process to study and handle doctrinal issues
b. Discussion of Conversion
- Affirming our beliefs in Repentance, Lordship, Baptism, Discipleship
9. HOPE worldwide ‐ click here for “Financial Challenges and Intl Day of Giving”
a. $1 million cuts in personnel, etc. without cutting services
b. US Chapters
c. New fundraising paradigm – help raise funds from communities
d. International Day of Giving – November 22, 2009 (or best date for your church)
- 1st world – every disciple raise $52 minimum
10. DELEGATES AND ILC SERMONS ONLINE
a. Audio available on www.icocconference.org
- Delegate messages
- ILC all sermons and classes
b. Video available on DToday.tv/stream.html –
- Live streaming video and On Demand Library
- Main messages only
a. 2010 Singles Conference in Manila
b. DT Heart & Soul now available for single disciples in North America. Other continents beginning in 2010 http://www.dtheartandsoul.com
By clicking on the icons in the upper right of the article, you can either create a pdf, print or email this article.