Position Title: Regional Communications Director (RCD)
Purpose: The position of the RCD is to further the mission of Disciples Today: To inspire, inform, unify and grow the International Churches of Christ.
Location: This is a remote position and can be fulfilled alongside other work responsibilities.
- Recognized as a reliable and effective communicator.
- Responds promptly to emails and other forms of communication.
- Works well with the Regional Church Family Chairman & ICOC Global Communications Chairperson.
- The position will be a self-driven one-year commitment, re-appointed annually by the Regional Family Chairman
- Provide an updated Regional Family Church Leadership Directory with updated email addresses, phone numbers & website addresses to Disciples Today and ICOC HotNews to keep in our ICOC database.
- Update the Disciples Today “Church Locator” whenever there are changes or new churches are planted.
- Liaise with the CEO of Disciples Today on Key Global Communications and ensure they are passed on to the relevant local leadership groups in your Regional Family of Churches.
- Inquire about and encourage the churches to regularly show the HotNews and HOPEww videos in his/her geographic region.
- Provide good news stories to DT, ICOC HotNews, HOPEww and the relevant Missions Societies from your family of churches. (The frequency of these would be determined by the Regional Chairman of your family of churches.)
- Develop a network of volunteer journalists in their family of churches to provide stories and respond quickly in times of emergencies.
- Communicate key events and deadlines relevant to the ICOC family of churches.
- Regional Family Chairman will empower you to find, write and publish stories.
- Disciples Today will work with you to develop best practices and provide assistance in developing tools for communications.